Friday, July 8, 2011

In a pickle...

Shared by Rebecca U at 6:09 PM
So I know pregnancy can do cray things to you and make you crave certain foods, but lately I just can't get enough of pickled onions! I have always liked pickles in general, so it's not like I have started eating something I never normally would. I would only ever had them every now and again but now I am going through jars like they are going out of fashion! If I get the thought of them in my head then I HAVE to have them. Isn't it so bizarre that growing a little person in you can cause all this craziness?!

The hubs and I have been wondering whether it will become one of the bubs fave thing to eat one day, as it sure is liking them right now! We are also wondering if this kind of craving is an indicator as to whether it is a girl or a boy... but after some extensive research into the matter, ha ha, it was all very inconclusive. Guess we will just have to wait until the scan on Monday... yes that's right, Monday, as in 3 sleeps time!! Eeeeeek!

P.s - Happy Friday! (Has Rebecca Black ruined Friday's for you as she has for me?! At least having the song in my head today works out OK, as 'we, we, we, we so excited'!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Haha it's so good to hear that someone else craves pickled onions when they're pregnant. I did with both babies and Josh thought it was hilarious (Americans don't get pickled onions). Too bad their like $5 for a tiny jar here :S Can't wait to hear if you're having a boy or a girl.

NattyBatty said...

Haha, there is a reason for the pickles! I don't remember exactly what it's for, but basically it's because your body needs some type of extra vitamin that pickles are loaded with and so you crave hem like crazy while pregnant in order to get what you need. So while your baby may enjoy them when it's older, it probably won't have anything to do with you eating them while pregnant and it is probably no indication of the gender.

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comment!

Locations of Site Visitors
 

All about U... Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea