Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Spirit...

Shared by Rebecca U at 12:20 PM
Last Christmas I wasn't feeling 'Christmassy' at all. For a time of year that I normally love, it didn't really feel any different to me. I had a 3 week old baby. I was recovering from a c-section. I was soooo tired and in pain. My family came to us for Christmas and while it was nice to not have to travel anywhere, it wasn't quite the same as 'driving home for Christmas', being at my parents, staying in my old room and seeing old friends.

This year, now I am in well into the swing of motherhood, I thought I had no excuse to be organised and recapture the spirit of Christmas that I love. I finished and wrapped all of my Christmas shopping by mid-November so that now we can just focus on serving others (so whether people like it or not, I have been delivering home-made mince pies and shortbread all around. I have certainly been enjoying it) and focusing on the real reason for the season.

One other thing that was so nice to do was to sit and have a hot chocolate with my boys whilst we listened to a Christmas message from our church. I will post the link / web address below as I highly recommend giving it a watch. It will definitely help with you feel focused on the reason for Christmas and who doesn't like a bit of 'Mo-Tab' Choir...

LDS Christmas Message

Wishing you a very happy Christmas and a fantabulous New Year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for you comment!

Locations of Site Visitors
 

All about U... Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea